The outer film keeps everything in place, as well as preventing the water from evaporating and drying out the wound, so the wound heals faster in this moist healing environment and the new skin that forms is supple rather than tight and stiff.
The water-attracting material is usually made of carboxymethy cellulose, gelatin and/or pectin, which have lots of water-binding groups in their chemical structure. This sucks fluid out of the wound. As fluid enters the bandage, it goes from transparent to white and swells up, which means you get a very satisfying white spot:
- 5 Pack – 75 Patches
- Reduce Redness and Inflammation
- Soothes Itching, plus acts as a Helpful Barrier to Prevent Unwanted Picking
- Targeted Defence against Pimples, Spots, Blackheads and Breakouts
- Free from damaging chemical ingredients, will not dry out your skin
- Easy to use, fast and simple to apply, work in your sleep, overnight gel spot patches
- Easy to use 1,2,3 Directions
- Absorbs Fluid from Pimples
- Waterproof, so you don’t need to reapply them every time you wash your face
- Clean and dry the area of skin you wish to apply the acne patch. Tear off one square of backing paper from the pack.
- Centre the patch over the spot. Remove half of the backing paper. Place the sticky side down onto the skin and remove the remaining paper.
- Press down on dot for at least 15 seconds making sure to seal the edge of the patch with the skin. Leave on for up to 10 hours.